Can pepper be stored in cold storage?What is the storage time and temperature of pepper in cold storage?
one thousand and thirty-one
Q: Can pepper be stored in cold storage?
A: The answer is yes.Chilli stored in cold storage can not only prevent water loss, wilting and decay, but also delay the aging process, inhibit the growth and reproduction of pathogens and other harmful microorganisms, so as to effectively extend the preservation period of pepper.
Therefore, pepper is very suitable for cold storage, not only that, the cold storage technology of pepper is also the best and most advanced storage method.
Q: How long can hot pepper be stored in cold storage?What is the temperature requirement?
A: The storage temperature of pepper is different in different producing areas and varieties.The suitable storage temperature of green pepper and red pepper is 9-12 ℃; the storage temperature of sweet pepper is 5-8 ℃; the storage temperature of Chaotian pepper is 8-12 ℃.Generally speaking, the most suitable storage temperature of chilli is 9 ℃ ~ 13 ℃, and the relative humidity should be kept between 90% and 95%.If it is a controlled atmosphere reservoir, the oxygen content should be kept at 2% ~ 7% and the carbon dioxide concentration should be controlled at 1% ~ 2%.
With this method, the quality of Capsicum can still be maintained after 3 months storage, and there is no significant difference in flavor, taste, color and so on.
Precautions for cold storage of pepper:
1. Before the pepper is put into storage, the cold storage must be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and sterilized, which can greatly reduce the base number of pathogenic bacteria.It can be fumigated and sprayed with peracetic acid (0.5-1%) and bleaching powder for thorough disinfection;
2. During the storage of pepper, the temperature should be checked twice a day and recorded.During the whole storage period, the storage temperature should be stable and the fluctuation should not exceed ± 1 ℃;
3. After harvest, the respiration of hot pepper will continue, especially when it turns from green to red. Therefore, pre cooling operation must be carried out before storage.The faster the cooling rate is, the better the storage effect is;
4. The results showed that the physiological loss of pepper could be reduced by gas regulation, while oxygen and carbon dioxide could inhibit respiration and delay senescence;
5. The cold storage door should be closed tightly, at the same time, the number of entering the warehouse and the storage time should be reduced as much as possible. When the goods and personnel enter and leave, the heat load will be continuously released, which will lead to the fluctuation of temperature and humidity in the warehouse, thus affecting the storage quality of pepper.